OPTIMAL CONNECTIVITY installs, commissions and services automatic Wayside Obstacle Detection Systems (WODS).
The purpose of WODS is the retention and safe detection of massive objects like car or trucks falling from overpasses, bridges and tunnel gantries onto tracks. In case, such incident happen and railway track does not allow safe operation of a train WODS provides simultaneously alarms to the Control Room, Despatcher, OCS, ATC and to the interlocking (IXL) for appropriate intervention like stopping the railway traffic automatically.
Fencing and retention objects can hinder objects of up to 200kg weight from falling onto tracks.
Our WODS system owns certification SIL4 for the sensory element that detects falling objects informing the IXL by means of voltage free contacts.
- Certification Ethernet communications SIL2 IXL
- No power requirement, no electronics on track side
- Minimum maintenance
- High availability
- Immune to adverse operating conditions
- Communications with Remote Control System of Detectors via Ethernet and IEC 600870-5-104 proprietary protocol ADIF profile
- IXL Communications: Ethernet dual SIL2,
- Range based on the number of overpasses up to 40Km
- Predictive maintenance analysis system thatautomatically detects the degradation of sensory element
- Electrical and environmental interior equipment: Consumption for 12 overpasses: <200W
- Operating temperature: 0ºC to 60 ºC indoor equipment
- EMC: 50121-4:2007, EN 61000-2-4, EN 60870-2
- Double fiber optic single mode cable illuminated bi-directionally
OPTIMAL CONNECTIVITY installed and commissioned a 4-layer WODS solution in Dubai with Dubai Metro.
The solution protects assets of RTA as well as passengers from obstacles hitting the tracks and helps to avoid collisions.
Another advantage of our WODS solution is the sensing methodology: Compared to other systems deployed in the market our WODS does not create false alarms! This helps to save enormous cost, avoid customer complaints and increases service availability the customer happiness.