Media Converter and Connectors
OPTIMAL CONNECTIVITY provides Single Pair Ethernet SPE media converters.
The SPE media converter connects 1000BASE-T1 with 1000BASE-T networks as well as 100BASE-T1 with 100BASE-TX networks.
It supports 802.3bp auto-negotiation or alternatively a proprietary master/slave negotiation protocol. Master/slave role, speed and auto-negotiation are set via DIP switches.
Using the Control Center software user interface, the link status and signal quality can be displayed, T1 cable diagnostics can be executed and PHY registers can be accessed.
The SPE media converter can be powered up by either a dedicated power connector or via USB port.
The T1 connection comes with an IEC 63171-6 compliant connector face from HARTING and features an inductive front-end with additional ESD protection.
The housing offers extra grounding either via the power connector screen or via a grounding stub.
HARTING T1 Industrial Single-Pair Ethernet (SPE) products feature a highly optimized, high-frequency design, shielding, and high mechanical robustness, making them an ideal choice to fulfill industrial SPE demands.
SPE T1 products enable Ethernet data transmissions by using only two wires (TW1STER) and the simultaneous power supply for terminals via a Power over Data Line (PoDL). SPE offers barrier-free connections for equipment, sensors/actuator technology, and more by using end-to-end, IP-based communications to edge devices down to the field level. This makes the field-level smart and simplifies the parameter setting, initialization, and programming.
The set-up, operation, and maintenance of equipment become more efficient and more cost-effective. The complete wiring is simpler and also considerably faster to install.
HARTING T1 Industrial Single-Pair Ethernet Products offer end-to-end compatibility of devices, cables, and connectors at Ethernet speeds between 10Mbit/s and 1Gbit/s on a cable lengths of up to 100m, 400m and 1000+m.
HARTING SPE products provide a 60VDC voltage rating, 1000 mating cycles with IP20 protection rating, and an operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
The T1 SPE products are well-suited for a variety of applications, including remote IP cameras, edge computing, edge sensors, oil & gas, agricultural, automation, robotics, machinery, and transportation.
OPTIMAL CONNECTIVITY offers and c0-designs SPE media converter, SPE modems and SPE switches. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Only two wires to communicate by Ethernet
- Significant weight and diameter reduction of the cable
- Easier and faster connector assembly
- Symmetrical design of the mating interface
- Highly optimized high-frequency transmission performance
- Capability of achieving Gigabit Ethernet speed and multi-Gigabit speeds in the future
- Up to 1000m reach with 10Mbit/s data performance and PoDL functionality
- Ability to deliver data and power over very long distances to devices residing at the edge of the industrial networks (e.g. sensors)
- Robust industrial design with 360° shielding
- Full compatibility with PoDL
- For the construction of future-proof and standardized SPE communication networks with standardized cabling, according to ISO/IEC 11801 and TIA 42
- Designed for industrial applications up to M3I3C3E3 environmental conditions
- Meets IEEE 802.3 requirements for SPE
- Internationally standardized mating face, according to IEC 63171-6 (former IEC 61076-3-125)